Monday, April 11, 2011

A Series of Letters

Enclosed: A note from my niece.

Dear Aunt Jeanne,

I was so excited about the coming Spring weather. Today was our first warm day. I loved it. Like others girls, I chose a skirt from my closet and wore flip flops. Sitting in the greening grass and enjoying the sunshine on my skin made me so happy.

Then, tonight, I went on a walk by myself. I should have known better. Spring nights are for couples. I ran into them everywhere. It seemed as though I couldn't go anywhere without meeting one. I'm sure they didn't really notice me, but I sure saw them.

Aunt Jeanne, singleness sucks.

.....

Dearest Niece,

I hope you still find Spring delightful. I know that I spent the day preparing my garden for the blooming season. One of my daffodils burst its little bright head up. You know, how I love gardening.

Anyways, dear heart, I want to remind you that singleness can be wonderful because it means that many opportunities are open to you. It also means you can flirt with anyone you so desire. Spring nights alone can be just as satisfying as with a significant other. Anyways, I'm sure you know all of this already.

Your loving aunt,
Dr. Jeanne